ART at the Wagnalls
Come Celebrate with Us The Second Annual “Art at the Wagnalls” Arts, Brats & Brews, An Outdoor Art & Entertainment Event.
This summer art festival promises to be bigger and better with extended days and more family fun, scheduled for Friday, May 21, 2021 – opening at 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, May 22, 2021, opening at 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and expected to attract even more vendors and attendees with some exciting additions planned for the family-friendly weekend.
The festival will again feature many local artists who will be exhibiting and selling their paintings, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and other crafts. Like last year, the Wagnalls Memorial will award cash prizes for the top three art entries. Off-road enthusiasts will enjoy the latest lineup of Jeeps on the market, which will be displayed on the Wagnalls lawn.
Back again this year by popular demand, The band RAMEY, will be featured on Saturday May 22, 2021 from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
New highlights of this summer’s art festival include:
• Extended days: Friday, May 21, 2021, 3:00-9:00 p.m. & Saturday, May 22, 2020 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
• Friday night’s featured entertainment: Solo Artist, Nick D’Andrea and Pasish Thomas & Soul Orchestra
• Saturday’s afternoon featured entertainment: The Wagnalls Theater & Band, La Bella Musett and more.
• Saturday’s evening featured entertainment: Dave Rice, Celtic and Bluegrass and back by demand the band called Ramey.
• Children’s art tent with free arts and crafts
• Free public art sessions featuring The art of Yoga, The process of beer making, How to make the best smoked meats, glass blowing today, water color painting, traditional rug-hooking and much more.
• Admission is free both days. Ample free parking is available in the Library parking lot (behind the Library) and on the streets adjacent to the Library.
Called a “male Nanci Griffith” and compared to Steve Goodman, Harry Chapman and Peter Yarrow, Dave Hawkins is the songwriter’s songwriter and the audience’s performer. He feels equally comfortable sharing the stage with performers as diverse as Folk Legend Tom Rush and Rock & Roll icon Ian Anderson as he does singing with a group of grade schoolers.
Dave Hawkins is a cross-over artist with a broad base of Folk and Celtic fans in the Midwest, New England and Western United States, as well as Europe. Dave is an accomplished musician who has led bands for over thirty years, released fourteen recordings and appeared as a special guest on seven more!
Join The Team!
Join Us! There are opportunities for everyone to become involved, in the third annual Art at the Wagnalls.
We need volunteers, vendors, musicians, or sponsors.
Volunteer! Interested in volunteering at a local historic landmark? Volunteers are the backbone of The Wagnalls Memorial. Art at the Wagnalls Festival is a great experience for all.
Questions: Please contact Raymond Jasinski by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (440) 799-4325 with any questions.