Why Use the Happy Light
- Research has shown that white light, in a range of 2,500 to 10,000 LUX (the range of the Happy Light), can help to reverse the symptoms of “Winter Blues”.
- Cues your body’s own energy enhancers to make you more alert and productive.
- Benefits include elevated mood, sharpened concentration, and improved energy levels.
How does it work?
- Sign up for a 1/2 hour session. You can sign up online, by calling 614-837-4765 or in person at the library.
- Drop-ins are also welcome, if no one else has reserved the light at that time.
- Enjoy a book, magazine, play games on your device or just relax while you sit in front of the light.
- The Happy Light is funded by the Mary Ann Johnston Fund.