Help preserve the beautiful and historic Wagnalls Memorial Library by supporting the Wagnalls Memorial Foundation. While Wagnalls does receive public funding for its library collection, it relies heavily on facility rental revenue and donations to preserve and operate as a library, theater, and community cultural center.
The Impact of The Wagnalls Memorial
In case you are not that familiar with Wagnalls, consider the following:
- The Wagnalls Memorial was established in 1925 as a gift to the community and has provided library, educational, and cultural services since then.
- The Wagnalls Memorial functions as a traditional full-service library that serves over 7,000 local members (cardholders).
- The historic library has served generations of families from several area counties, providing learning experiences and fond memories that last a lifetime.
- The Wagnalls Memorial Library works closely with area schools to support their learning goals and curriculum, adapting our programs as needed while making certain we have the proper materials to promote reading comprehension, learning, and reading enjoyment.
- The Wagnalls Memorial is considered to be one of the finest historic Tudor-Gothic structures in America, with the original building being a remarkable work of art in itself. Architectural structures like these require significant maintenance to preserve their authenticity and integrity.
- With a historic auditorium that seats 300 people, The Wagnalls Memorial is an ideal location for community members to participate and enjoy community theater and other community building events.
We invite you to join us in our mission to preserve and sustain The Wagnalls Memorial by becoming a Member, Individual Donor, Community Sponsor, or Volunteer. Your involvement will be both rewarding and appreciated.
To learn how you can make a difference at The Wagnalls Memorial, please call us at (614) 837-4765.