Frequently Asked questions about our wedding venue.
Wedding Hall FAQ
- What services does the rental fee include?
Use of room and table and chair set-up and tear-down for ceremony and reception, as well as trash removal. Ceremony may be held indoors or outdoors. Ten hours of time access to the room for decorating, ceremony and reception. A staff member will be on site at all times for any needs.
- Is the rental fee cheaper if we don’t book a Saturday night?
No, the fee is the same every day of the week.
- Are other events scheduled on the same day as our wedding?
The library is open to the public 10am – 2pm on Saturdays. However, no other weddings will be scheduled on the same day as your wedding.
- What is your alcohol policy?
You may either hire a bartender or self-serve alcohol. If you self serve, a one-time event insurance policy is required.
- Are there adequate restrooms facilities?
There is a single stall restroom in the reception area. There are double stall restrooms for both men and women in the main library.
- Can you accommdate physically challenged guests?
All areas are handicapped accessible.
- What is your payment and cancellation policy?
One half of your total cost is due as a deposit at the time of booking to hold your date. This deposit is not refundable, however you can apply it towards future bookings if you need to change your date. The remainder of the cost is due one month before your wedding.
- How many people can your location accommodate?
We can accommodate up to 120 guests.
- How many hours does the rental fee include, and is there an overtime fee if we stay longer?
The rental fee includes 10 hours of time. If you would like to purchase more time, the cost is $100/hour.
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
One half of your total cost is due as a deposit at the time of booking to hold your date. This deposit is not refundable, however you can apply it towards future bookings if you need to change your date.
- Can I have the ceremony here, too? Is there an additional cost?
Your ceremony is included in the rental cost. You can choose from an indoor or outdoor ceremony. You can also plan for an outdoor wedding and move it inside if needed due to the weather.
- Are there changing areas for the bride, groom, and /or the wedding party?
We can provide changing areas for the wedding party upon request.
- Can we have our rehearsal dinner here?
Rehearsal dinners can be held at the facility based on room availability. The time can be included in your 10 hours or purchased at the $100/hour price. Renters are responsible for set-up and tear-down of tables and chairs if necessary for the rehearsal dinner, as well as trash removal.
- How much time is allocated for rehearsal?
The time for rehearsal depends on availability and the client’s wishes.
- Do you have an in-house caterer or a list of preferred caters, or do I need to provide my own?
We do not have an in-house caterer, but we have three approved caterers. The approved caterers are Creative Cuisine, Barrel and Boar and LA Catering. The approved caterers charge a 12% facility fee.
- Even if there is an in-house cater, do I have the option of using an outside caterer instead?
You may use a caterer not on the approved caterer list. There will be a facility fee of 20% added to the total bill of any caterer not on the approved list.
- If I hire my own caterer, is there a kitchen available for them?
Kitchen use is available on a case to case basis, depending on the availability of the kitchen. If a caterer wishes to use the kitchen, arrangements must be made ahead of time with the event coordinator.
- Is there a food & beverage minimum?
This would be arranged with the caterer.
- What’s the tax and service charge?
There is a 12% facility charge added by approved caterers. There is a 20% facility charge added by non-approved caterers.
- Can we do a food tasting before we finalize our menu selection? Does it cost extra?
This would be arranged with the caterer.
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware, and glassware provided, or will I have to rent them myself or get them through my caterer?
Table and chairs are included with the rental cost. Linens, plates, silverware and glassware would need to be rented or provided by the caterer.
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside baker
Yes, you can use any baker you wish.
- Is there a cake-cutting fee?
There is no cake-cutting fee.
- Can we bring our own wine, beer or champagne? What about hard liquor?
You may self-serve alcohol, however a one-time event insurance policy is required.
- Is there a corkage fee?
There is no corkage fee.
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service?
No, we do not have an alcohol license.
- How is alcohol priced, and is there a bar minimum?
We do not provide bar services.
- Are there additional charges for bar staff?
We do not provide bar services.
Décor + Rentals
- Are we allowed to bring in our own decorations? Yes, you are allowed to bring in your own decorations. Open flames are not allowed. We ask that any adhesive you use does not damage the walls.
- Do you have an inventory of décor (lighting, candle holders, vases, etc.) we can borrow from?
No, we do not own any decor.
- Can I move things around or do I have to leave everything as is?
You will provide us with a layout of where you would like tables and chairs and we will set them up for you. You can move them as needed.
- Can we use candles/confetti/sparklers/fireworks/animals/lawn games/bounce houses/food trucks/insert your own fun-but- potentially-dangerous liability here?
- Do you have signage or other aids to direct guests to my event?
You will provide your own signage.
- Do you provide heaters and/or umbrellas for the outdoor spaces?
Vendors + Staffing
- Do you offer on-site coordination? What services are included?
We will have a staff member on-site at all times. This is not a wedding coordinator but will be available for any questions, directing of guests to appropriate areas, heating/cooling needs, paper product supply, etc.
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
Yes, you may hire a DJ or band.
- What security services do you offer?
We do not provide security.
- Do you provide a coat check service?
We do not provide a coat check.
- What time can my vendors start setting up on the day of the wedding?
Your vendors can access the building anytime within your ten allotted hours.
- Does the venue provide assistance getting gifts and/or décor back to a designated car or hotel room after the wedding?
You are responsible for removing all gifts and decor within your ten hours. We do have a cargo elevator that opens to the back parking lot that allows easy removal of anything brought in.
- Is there a separate space for cocktail hour?
There is a possibility of using various areas of the library for a cocktail hour.
- Do you have a sound system and/or microphones for speeches?
We do not have a sound system.
- Are there any noise restrictions?
Sound must be kept to a minimum during library open hours. There are no restrictions when the library is closed.
- Is there parking on site and if so, is it complimentary? If not, where will my guests park?
We have a large parking lot with complimentary parking as well as on-street parking.
- Are cabs/rideshares (like Uber, Lyft, etc.) easily accessible from the venue?
There is room and easy accessibility to the parking lot for ride shares.
- If a shuttle service is needed, can you assist with setting it up?
We do not have any shuttle service.
- Does the venue have partnerships with local hotels that offer a discount if you book a block of rooms.
We do not partner with local hotels.
- Is the site handicap accessible?
All areas are handicap accessible.
- Do you have a recycling policy? We’d love for our wedding to give back.
We do not have a recycling policy.
To learn more about our wedding services, please call Sarah Mayzum at (614) 837-4765 ext. 126 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.